Senior Product Manager (BESS)
A global AIoT software leader in Net Zero, Envision Digital is committed to becoming the world’s leading net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities to accelerate progress and improve their citizens’ quality of life.
EnOS™, Envision Digital’s proprietary AIoT operating system, connects and manages more than 110 million smart devices and 360 gigawatts of energy assets globally. Envision Digital’s growing ecosystem of more than 360 customers and partners spans 10 industries and includes Accenture, Amazon Web Services, GovTech Singapore, IBM, Keppel Corporation, Microsoft, Nissan, PTT, Solarvest, Total and ST Engineering. The company has close to 900 employees and 12 offices across the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Japan, Thailand, China, and the United States, with headquarters in Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.envision-digital.com/
Senior Product Manager (BESS)
We are seeking a candidate with a strong technical background in battery energy storage systems (BESS) technology, to join a fast-growing team in the digitalization of renewable energy systems through IoT at Envision Digital Singapore HQ office. You will work closely with a global team of talented industry veterans in the renewable energy sector and be responsible for the development and management of software applications for BESS Advanced Analytics.
- Owning the product life cycle of Envision Digital’s software for the advanced analytics of BESS assets, from ideation to upkeep
- Researching market needs, competitor space, and regulatory requirements to better hone the software’s feature set.
- Taking charge of the roadmap and strategic R&D planning for further developing Envision Digital’s BESS software
- Coordinating among internal stakeholders to harmonize Envision Digital’s BESS software across domains (e.g., solar analytics, wind analytics, energy trading)
- Serving as a thought leader in the field, e.g., appearing at conferences and trade shows, authoring articles and white papers; Assisting in the development of marketing materials
- Generating product insights for continued enhancement, based on customer feedback, identified feature requests and addressing customer pain points (e.g. adding new analytics methods and tools)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering, Control, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- Possess >5 years’ experience in Engineering and/or R&D for Battery Energy Storage system (BESS) technologies; A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in a relevant field would be a plus
- Demonstrable experience in software product management, with working knowledge of Energy Storage solutions and/or IoT as a big plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and workflow management tools such as Jira.
- Strong knowledge of batteries and BESS, in areas covering safety, battery performance simulation models (electro-thermal behaviour, battery degradation, etc.), fault detection & diagnosis, battery management strategies, battery state estimation (e.g. SoC, SoH), battery thermal management, battery charge management, etc
- Knowledge of BESS applications, e.g. renewable grid integration, frequency regulation, load shifting, ramp rate control, demand response
- Knowledge of optimization concepts and algorithms
- Knowledge of Energy IoT, SCADA for renewable energy generation systems, and cloud-based monitoring systems
- Broad knowledge across domains such as wind, solar, demand side response, power systems, and microgrids
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and coordinate across functional teams in a matrix organization