Renewable Energy Project Management Intern (Japanese Speaker)
The role requires the individual to work in a dynamic team guided by the project manager to assist in onboarding clients’ assets onto the cloud-based monitoring product related to renewable energy. The selected individual will be part of a friendly and willing-to-teach team and will have the opportunity to gain a variety of exposure ranging from how solar systems/wind systems work technically, to minor configuration of data loggers using python code through a guided mentorship program.
In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of basic project management skills, cutting-edge energy and digital-related operations and products knowledge, be able to improve communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders, and receive guidance and training from top industry experts. Strong problem-solving skills, independent study capability, and self-motivation are the core qualities of a suitable candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Project Manager to deliver application portal to clients; a chance to explore beyond solar/wind delivery projects for multiple clients within Asia, especially Japanese clients.
- Able to participate in project planning and discussions as part of learning.
- Occasional liaising with clients and/or their partners in troubleshooting issues.
- Lead small improvement projects & document learning slides based on own experience.
- Assist the team in the documentation of project documents & statuses.
- Undergraduate in any course but with a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Team player with a positive learning mindset and strong technical capabilities.
- Highly versatile and adaptable to changes, able to work independently in a fast-moving environment, and able to cross multiple functions.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Basic documentation skills on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Be able to pay attention to the details and work patiently
- Ability to speak and write good Japanese
- To install Envision’s web application which is called Enlight/Ensight Solar, Enlight/Ensight Wind, and Power forecaster to our clients. All application aims to achieve more efficient production of renewable energy
- Clients are varied and from Japan, Southeast Asia, and Europe
Project Management & Communications
Project Scope Management:
- Understand clients’ requirements and locate a fundamental issue then give solutions
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and concerns
- Communicate with internal product members to solve issues. Internal members are from Singapore, China, the US, and Europe.
Project Schedule Management:
- Make sure the project is on track and if not, arrange a new schedule to fulfill milestones and requirements
- Documentation to achieve the above
Project Quality Management:
- Web Application Testing, Heighten the quality of delivery based on clients’ information
- Review analysis results on our web application
- Summarize results to use for supporting pre-sales work or reporting to clients
- Use Envision’s AIoT Platform Development portal to configure settings
- Manage deliverables