Global O&M Edge Engineer
A global AIoT software leader in Net Zero, Envision Digital is committed to becoming the world’s leading net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities to accelerate progress and improve their citizens’ quality of life.
EnOS™, Envision Digital’s proprietary AIoT operating system, connects and manages more than 110 million smart devices and 360 gigawatts of energy assets globally. Envision Digital’s growing ecosystem of more than 360 customers and partners spans 10 industries and includes Accenture, Amazon Web Services, GovTech Singapore, IBM, Keppel Corporation, Microsoft, Nissan, PTT, Solarvest, Total and ST Engineering. The company has close to 900 employees and 12 offices across the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Japan, Thailand, China, and the United States, with headquarters in Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.envision-digital.com/
Global O&M Edge Engineer
We are looking for an IoT Edge SME who is detail-oriented, proficient with IoT Edge technologies, and who flourishes in high-pressure environments. Infrastructure engineers generally work with numerous software programs, clients, and other technical staff, and often need to do field analysis and maintenance. Their responsibilities include upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, and providing technical support and training for users.
Successful infrastructural engineers should have good communication and collaboration skills, excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills, and extensive knowledge of data laws. Ideal candidates will also have experience in project management and giving professional presentations.
- Installing and maintaining Edge related software in cloud or hardware environments.
- Provide support in IoT Edge stack scope of work (between IT and OT technologies)
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues.
- Provide guidance to delivery/partners with Company’s Edge related best practices
- Providing training and support to other O&M team member and partners
- Responsible for the healthiness of Edge in production environment
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- Provisioning of sensor devices connectivity to the Edge
- Provisioning of Edge devices connectivity to the Cloud
- Provisioning of IT system connectivity to the Cloud
- Provides overall connectivity specifications and solutions
- Performs data validation to ensure good data quality
- Data onboarding activities (Wind, ESS, Power Meter, Solar & Building data onboarding)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role, with at least 5+ years of experience in system architecture and networking and in IoT and engineering background
- Strong experience in IoT protocols (MQTT, HTTP/S)
- Strong experience in OT protocols (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, IEC 104, BACNET)
- Strong experience in networking setups experience (DNS, DHCP, Firewall, Gateways, Routers, VPN)
- Hands-on experience with Linux commands
- Hands-on experience with server and on-prem field related technologies
- Experience with virtualization will be a big plus
- Experience with Python scripting language will be a plus
- Hands-on experience with connectivity and networking protocols
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and solution in complex systems is a must
- Proven experience with large scale projects spanning across multiple years
- Comfortable to work physically on site
- Team player with a positive working attitude and the ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Highly versatile and adaptable to changes, able to work independently in a fast-moving environment, and able to cross multiple functions.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Take ownership of what you work on. Self-driven and self-esteem as a silo in the O&M and Field technology governance structure
- Operations mindset, able to balance short-term workaround to resolve production issue vs long-term sustainable resolution
- Ability to travel in APAC region (~10% of time) if required