Director, Carbon Accounting
A global AIoT software leader in Net Zero, Envision Digital is committed to becoming the world’s leading net zero technology partner for enterprises, governments, and cities to accelerate progress and improve their citizens’ quality of life.
EnOS™, Envision Digital’s proprietary AIoT operating system, connects and manages more than 110 million smart devices and 360 gigawatts of energy assets globally. Envision Digital’s growing ecosystem of more than 360 customers and partners spans 10 industries and includes Accenture, Amazon Web Services, GovTech Singapore, IBM, Keppel Corporation, Microsoft, Nissan, PTT, Solarvest, Total and ST Engineering. The company has close to 900 employees and 12 offices across the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Japan, Thailand, China, and the United States, with headquarters in Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.envision-digital.com/
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Director of Carbon Accounting to lead our Product Development efforts in the carbon management domain. The ideal candidate will have extensive expertise in carbon accounting standards, methodologies, audit processes, and regulatory compliance. The individual is responsible for offering carbon accounting subject matter expertise throughout product planning, design, and execution for carbon management products. You will play a crucial role in defining and shaping our carbon accounting product roadmap, ensuring product success, and driving market growth. As the Head of Carbon Accounting, you will spearhead research, documentation, and alignment of Envision Digital’s GHG accounting product module with current and future standards while ensuring product design complies with audit and assurance requirements through proper software product structure, features, and compliance.
Director, Carbon Accounting
- Act as GHG emission accounting subject matter expert on global GHG accounting standards, frameworks, and regulations
- Serve as go-to-person for all GHG accounting rules, criteria, best practice, and compliance strategies
- Develop clear and concise business process documentation, such as product requirement documents and user stories, to communicate product requirements to software product architects and development teams
- Accountable for carbon accounting module scope and outcome to align with market best practice, trends, and the latest requirement
- Ensure the products are designed to comply with global accounting principles and guidelines
- Collaborate with BU leads and GTM teams to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
- Analyze and clarify user stories (business requirements) to establish a shared understanding of required behaviour
- Translate the current and emerging GHG accounting topics into product-oriented needs and features
- Defining user experience and user interface requirement to create easy-to-use intuitive and user-friendly products that cater to the target personas
- Provide functional test and validation documentation to the QA team to ensure product aligns with requirements
- Focus on standardization and common building blocks for a scalable accounting product to capture various calculation methods, accounting principles, emission factors, etc.
- Consult with external auditors and assurance firms for product certification, qualification, and approval
- Define and track success metrics, adjusting approaches based on customer needs and business goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Sales, Operations, Developer Engineers, Marketing, and Management, to deliver new product ideas and improve existing ones
- Establish a shared vision across the organization by building consensus on product and functionality priorities
- Develop top-tier product communication and training materials for internal and external use
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree with additional qualifications (e.g., CPA, CFA) preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience, preferably in consulting, auditing, or assurance
- 3+ years of experience in sustainability consulting or in-house sustainability management roles
- Relevant work experience within financial institutions and/or audit organizations
- Knowledge of global sustainability and carbon accounting frameworks and standards, such as GHGP, TCFD, PCAF, SASB, etc.
- Familiarity with future carbon accounting regulations, including EU CSRD and US SEC
- Prior experience with audit and assurance engagements
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex scenarios and develop practical solutions. Ability to synthesize complex data and calculations into smaller deliverables for technical teams
- Experience in gathering, documenting, and researching requirements
- Driven, structured, rigorous, detailed-oriented, team player, innovative and hard working.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization